On Saturday, June 14, 2014, be part of a historic international day to denounce the injustice done to all nonhuman victims of human oppression and exploitation. Join us in a peaceful march through the streets of Sydney to close down all slaughterhouses.
Compassionate citizens are mobilizing to engage communities in the Meat Abolition movement. So far, Paris, Toulouse, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Berne, and London and have confirmed their participation. Join this historic and international march!
Guest speakers include -
* Christine Townend (founder of Animal Liberation, poet, artist, author [Christine's Ark, Pulling The Wool]).
* Dr. Yvette Watt (University of Tasmania, co-editor of Considering Animals: Contemporary Studies in Human-Animal Relations)
* Steve Kilbey (The Church, ARIA Hall of Fame inductee)
* Bede Carmody (A Poultry Place animal sanctuary)
* Emma Hurst (Animal Liberation NSW)
WHEN: Saturday, June 14, 2014 @ 12pm.
WHERE: Meeting at First Fleet Park, Circular Quay.
12pm - Begin congregating at First Fleet Park.
1pm - March commences down George Street.
1:30pm approx - Special guest speakers at Wynyard Park.
See the video below from the first Toronto march held in June 2013:
For more information, please visit: